Position Title: Finance and Development Assistant
Staff Group: Membership and Administrative
Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration
Location: Pasadena, California
Neighborhood Unitarian Universalist Church creates and grows an inclusive religious community connected by love, spirit, and service.
Purpose: The Finance and Development Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance and Administration in maintaining the church finances and ensuring the continuity of Neighborhood Church through generosity and good stewardship.
Hours: 20 hours/week
Flexible onsite weekday schedule to be set with the Director of Finance and Administration to ensure work is completed during business hours. Some evening meetings required. Sunday hours required: 8:30 am- 1:00 pm
- Post receipts and disbursements of all accounts according to financial system.
- Receive, count and deposit all church offerings.
- Post the weekly offerings to individual accounts.
- Reconcile the bank statement monthly
- Assist with the monthly and annual financial reports for board and finance committee meetings
- Check and total all invoices when approved by the DF&A; inform the responsible persons of their budget expenditure.
- Receive and answer questions about financial matters after consulting with DF&A.
- Maintain a file of invoices, correspondence and reports.
- Prepare and issue checks to staff members, designations and organizations in accordance with approved church policy
- Provide budget support to staff and committees by tracking the financial status of programs
- Administer church-adopted policies and procedures concerning the use of all church physical plant with Facilities Coordinator.
- Perform other tasks as requested
- Maintain and staff weekly patio table
- Foster generosity within the congregation by through year-round fundraising and giving opportunities, including Dining for Dollars and Planned Giving
- Assist in planning and promoting the Annual Pledge Drive
- Coordinate lay Stewardship Committee to assist with congregational giving and fundraising
- Work with the DF&A and Stewardship Committee to establish and meet stewardship goals
- Work with Office and Communications Coordinator to produce print and online stewardship materials
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all donors
- Produce reports on trends in congregational giving to inform future efforts
- Organize events to recognize and appreciate pledging members, including the Annual Lead Donor reception
- Serve as a resource person in any church business matters on Sunday and communicate to DF&A.
- Communicate the importance of stewardship to new members and ensure all new members have made a pledge commitment
- Engage donors through online outreach and one-on-one conversations
- Work with members and the DF&A to expand Planned Giving opportunities and implement best practices in legacy giving
- Maintain a courteous, friendly, calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to develop relationships with members and visitors and respect confidentiality
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalism and/ or church stewardship
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Data entry and accounting software experience
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter.
Anticipated hire date is August 2018.
NUUC values diversity and follows Federal, State and local law in employment and all services and programs provided. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other condition established by law.